Long Island Genealogy
Welcome to Long Island Genealogy

Please Consider a Donation - Asking for donations is never easy, sadly it's a fact our presence doesn't come without cost.  Because of that we are asking you to become a contributing member of "Long Island Genealogy" by making a donation to support it's work.  Without your support we can't continue.
Donations can be made by clicking on the Donate Button to the left or sending a check.  For directions on sending a check please follow this link.
Long Island Records
Cemetery, County, Village, Town and Hamlet
Surname Databases
Major Surnames from LI History
Reference Books
Online and CD Collections
Surname Books and Articles
Online and CD Collections

The Glover Family of Long Island

Charles Glover (Aft. 1610 - January 1665)
    Charles GLOVER was born in 1610 in Boston (of), Lincoln, ENGL.   He sailed on the Lyon to Boston, MA from London on 22 Jun 1632 to Boston, MA.  LYON, William Peirce, Master, sailed from London June 22, 1632 and arrived September 16, 1632 at Boston.  "He brought one hundred and twenty three passengers, wherof fifty children, all, in health.  They had been twelve weeks aboard and eight weeks from Land's End."
      He was a ship carpenter in 1638 in Salem, Essex, MA.  He resided at Salem, MA from 1638 to 1644.  He was a member of First Church of Salem, MA on 10 Mar 1640.  He moved in 1644 to to Gloucester, MA.  He he was a Selectman from 1644 to 1645 in Gloucester, MA.  He moved about 1651 to to Southold, Long Island, NY.  He was a shipbuilder from 1651 to 1665 in Southold Island, Suffolk, Long Island, NY.  He continued his shipbuilding trade in his own shipyard across the creek from his home.
    He served in the military about 1655 in Lieutenant in Colonial Army.  He purchased land in 1658 in "Eagles Neck", Oysterponds Neck, Long Island,
NY.  This farm was called "a splendid place" which Charles owned since 1658 but never lived on.  He died in Jan 1665 in Southold Island, Suffolk, Long Island, NY.  He was married to Elizabeth [GLOVER] about 1639 in Salem, Essex, MA.