Return to Long Island Genealogy
Return to Long Island Genealogy
Located north of Hot Water Pond on the east side of the Eastport Manor Road, County Road # __. All stones are old white sandstone. A total of 14 stones, each with a foot stone (f.s.) were there when the site was copied by Elbert N. Carter in 1974.
1. NATHANIEL TYLER: Sacred / to the memory of / NATHANIEL TYLER / who departed this life / February 26th , 1854 / aged 73 years 1 month / & 27 days. (f.s. N.T.)
2. WILLIAM TYLER: WILLIAM L. / son of / LINDLEY B. & SUSAN / TYLER / died Aug. ___, 1856 / AE 6 yrs. & / 5 mo. (f.s. W.L.T. ) Note: The stone was out of the ground and leaning against a tree.
3. CHAUNCEY BENTON TYLER: In memory / of / CHAUNCEY BENTON / son of / LINDLEY B. & BEULAH TYLER / died / 13th November 1843 / aged 6 years 2 months / and 13 days. (f.s. C.B.T.)
4. BEULAH TYLER: In / memory of / BEULAH / wife of / LINDLEY B. TYLER / and daughter of / CHRISTOPHER & BEULAH / ROBINSON who departed / this life April 18th AD 1848 / age 31 years & 2 days. (f.s. B.T.)
FAREWELL DEAR WIFE FAREWELL,
I MUST GIVE THE UP AT LAST
BUT HERE I AM LEFT TO MOURN
HOW BITTER IS THE TASTE.
AND MUST I NEVER SEE THE FACE
NOR TAKE THY SOOTHING HAND
O HOW I LING TO BE WITH THEE
TO ENJOY THE HEAVENLY LAND.
MAY THIS TO ME A BLESSING PROVE
AND FIT MY SOAL FOR HEAVEN
MAY I BE LED IN VIRTURES PATH
TO GUIDE OUR LITTLE CHILDREN.
5. ANN ROBINSON: ANN / wife of / ROGERS ROBINSON / DIED Oct. 4, 1850 / AE 40 ys. 11 mo.. (f.s. A.R.)
BUT IS SHE DEAD? AH NO SHE LIVES
HER NOBLER SPIRIT FLIES
TO WORLDS OF BLISS WHERE JESUS GIVES
THE LIFE THAT NEVER DIES.
6. BEULAH ANN ROBINSON: BEULAH ANN / daughter of / ROGERS & ANN / ROBINSON / died / April 26, 1853 / AE 25 ys. 5 mo.. (f.s. B.A.R.) (Same saying as # 5)
7. ROGERS ROBINSON: ROGER ROBINSON / died / Sept. 9, 1862 / AE 59 ys. 11 mo. / & 15 ds. (f.s. R.R.)
8. ANN ROBINSON: In memory / of / ANNA ROBINSON / died / June 19th 1841 / aged 92 years. (f.s. A.R.)
9. AZEL ROBINSON: In memory / of / AZEL ROBINSON / died / February 26th, 1842 / aged 81 years / 4 months / and 2 days. (f.s. A.R.)
10. CHRISTOPHER ROBINSON: CHRISTOPHER ROBINSON / died / Sept. 17, 1862 / AE 75 ys & 9 mo. (f.s. C.R.)
11. BEULAH ROBINSON: BEULAH / wife of / CHRISTOPHER ROBINSON / died / Nov. 17, 1860 / AE 69 ys.. 4 mo. / & 4 ds. (f.s. B.R.) (Stone broken at base and laying face up.)
WE BID FAREWELL THROUGH MORTAL LIFE
TO HER WHO WAS A FAITHFUL WIFE
KIND AS A MOTHER TO THE END
THE WIDOW AND THE ORPHAN’S FRIEND.
12. BEULAH ANN GORDON: BEULAH ANN / daughter of / HENRY & CHARLOTTE / GORDON died Nov. 30, 1869 / AE 21 ys. 8 mo. / & 5 ds. . (f.s. B.A.G.) Note:: A very long verse followed but was hard to read in part. The stone was broken off and laying face up.
13. HENRY A. GORDON: HENRY A. GORDON / died / July 12, 1871 / AE 65 ys. 4 mo. / & 26 ds. (f.s. H.A.G.) Note: stone laying on ground face up.
HE HAS GONE INTO PEACE, HE HAS LAID
TO SLEEP TILL THE DAWN OF A BRIGHTER
AND HE SHALL WAKE ON THAT HOLY
WHEN SORROW AND SIGHING SHALL
14. CHARLOTTE GORDON: CHARLOTTE / wife of / HENRY A. GORDON / died Nov. 12, 1877 / AE 64 yr’s 6 mo’s / and 15 dy’s. (f.s. C.G.)
HERE IS ONE WHO IS SLEEPING
IN FAITH AND LOVE
WITH HOPE THAT IS TREASURED
IN HEAVEN ABOVE.