Research Tool For Use With Brookhaven Town Cemetery
This list was originally compiled by Osborn Shaw, Brookhaven Town Historian, somewhere between 1938 -1939. 
....
Communities
Cemeteries as Numbered within this list by Community
Bellport 17 - 18 - 20 - 28
Blue Point 116
Brookhaven 16 - 19 - 21 - 29 - 30 - 32 - 33 - 39 - 51 - 55 - 81
Centereach 8 - 99 - 100
Coram 23 - 24 - 25 - 67 - 85
Holtsville 119
Lake Grove 93 - 117 - 118 - 120
Manorville 9A - 9B - 12 - 31 - 50 - 62 - 63 - 89 - 92
Mastic 10 - 15 - 27 - 129 - 134
Middle Island 3 - 3A - 35 - 41 - 44 - 64 - 84
Moriches 7 - 26 - 83 - 86 - 105 - 112 - 122 - 130 - 135 - 136
Mount Sinai 6 - 36A - 36B - 40 - 68 - 69 - 70 - 72 - 76 - 107 - 109
Nassakeage 114
Patchogue 5 - 5A - 5B - 60 - 61 - 88 - 102 - 111
Port Jefferson 95
Ridge 66 - 97
Rocky Point 71
Ronkonoma 101
Selden 13 - 34 - 73 - 87
Setauket 2 - 2A - 11 - 65 - 77 - 78 - 82 - 94 - 103 - 132 - 138
South Haven 4 - 79 - 80
Stony Brook 42 - 43 - 46 - 104 - 106 - 137
Wading River 40
Yaphank 14 - 22 - 38 - 47 - 49
....
Isolated Burial Sites Not In the Cemeteries Listing

1
Churchyard and Cemetery of "The First Presbyterian Church of Brookhaven", SETAUKET. This is the oldest cemetery in Brookhaven Town and it is riot known how many ancient graves without markers or tombstones it contains. During the Revolutionary War, it was part of the enclosure of a British and Tory fortification when the troops under Col. Hewlett, who occupied the church building in 1777, destroyed a number of the stones when they cast a trench and embankment around the church. However, a number of very old stones still remain and all but two or three have been read (with great difficulty) in 1937 and 1938, and the names and dates from them appear in this record. One or two stones are now broken off, leaving no inscription. In the extreme southwest corner of the Floyd enclosure, is the stone of what appears to be Mary, wife of Richard Floyd, with faint traces of a date in the 1600's, the last two figures of which cannot be read. It is, without doubt, the oldest existing stone in Brookhaven Town. A few graves are marked with small native field stones, both with and without inscriptions. A new part of the cemetery is north of the present church, but none of the stones in it bear death dates prior to 1883, (the earliest being 1937) hence none of them appear in this record.
2
Churchyard and Cemetery of Caroline Eqiscopal Church, SETAUKET. In June 1776, the Town Trustees ordered this cemetery to be laid out,but there were doubtlessly burials made in it many years prior to this date. It contains several old unmarked graves. A few have native field stones at their heads, only one of which bears an inscription.
2a
The extreme northwestern part of Cem. 2, adjoining the land of Robert S. Gerard, on the east side of a private road. It is enclosed by a fence and is not visible from Cem.2. Tradition states that one of the persons buried there was an Indian.
3
Middle Island "Union Cemetery" or, the south side of and adjoining the Middle Country (State) Road (Route 25) about opposite the "Middletown Presbyterian Church", MIDDLE ISLAND. The old part of this Cem., about 1 acre, is the northeast section, and was approximately one acre and opened about 1765, directly opposite the church. In it are an unknown number of unmarked graves-quite a few having rough field stones for markers. The newer part contains five acres and was sold by Joshua Swezey.
The cemetery was incorporated in 1869.
3a
The northwest section of Cem.3, separated from the main part by a piece of uncleared land. It is a newer section, but contains some dates prior to 1883, possibly by stones having been moved into it from older private graveyards.
4
Churchyard and Cemetery of the South Haven Presbyterian Church, SOUTH HAVEN. This Cem. is part of the two acres reserved around the church when Yamphank Neck (South Haven) was sold in 1745. It was probably a burial place at that time and tradition states that it extended much farther to the westward and that through_ chicanery, it was encrouched upon, little by little, so that the driveway into Mr. Charles Robinson's duck ranch is over ancient graves, also that some of the ancient stones were buried or destroyed. There are many unmarked graves in this Cem., some of which have small field stones at their heads.
5
Former churchyard of the Patchogue Union Church and later extended into the old Patchogue Village Cemetery on the east side of Waverly Avenue, PATCHOGUE. it is west of "Lake View Cemetery" (Cem.5a) and north of the so-called Rice Cemetery (Cem.5b) and separated from these two cemeteries by a wire and iron fence. At the time of making this copy, it was in such bad condition that, while every effort was made to read every stone, one or two may have been overlooked. It contains many unmarked and unknown graves.
5a
"Lake View Cemetery", sometimes called the "Episcopal Cemetery" (title of which is said to have been vested in St. Paul's Episcopal Church by Ruth Newsy Smith), west of and adjoining property of the Patchogue-Plymouth lace mill, PATCHOGUE. In this Cem. is the Ruth Newey Smith monument with hundreds of names and dates of the descendants of John Smith of Coram, and from which many of the dates in this record are taken, some allowance being made for known errors. These names are indicated by M5a.
5b
The so-called "Rice Cemetery" on the north side of Montauk Highway" (Route 27), a short distance west of the PatchoguePlymouth lace mill, and adjoining on the west Cem.Sa, laid out in 1871 and donated by Miss Rachel Rice to the Episcopal Diocese of Long Island, PATCHOGUE.
6
Cemetery adjoining on the east, the churchyard of the "First Congregational Church of Brookhaven", now named "Sea View Cemetery", on the north side of the North Country Road (Route 25A, formerly) in the eastern part of Mount Sinai, formerly Old Mans. The earliest grave in this Cem. is either that of Oliver Hutchinson, who died 19 Dec. 1840, or Mrs. Ann Hill Platt, w. of Rev. Ebenezer Platt, who died 1 Apr. 1842. It is therefore evident that any stones in this Cem. with death dates prior to the above dates have been moved in from other graveyards.
7
"Mount Pleasant Cemetery" on the north side of Montauk Highway, (Route 27), in the eastern part of Centre Moriches, back of the old Presbyterian parsonage. This cemetery was first called "The Presbyterian Cemetery of Moriches", and originally contained about lz acres, being a part of some 7 acres, given by Capt.. Josiah Smith for the parsonage land. It was opened for burial in or about the year 1851, though it is stated that the first burial was that of David Lanphier about 1856. It is therefore evident that any stones in this Cem. with death dates prior to the above dates have been moved in from other grave yards.
8
Churchyard and Cemetery of the "New Village Congregational Church" on the north side of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), CENTEREACH.
9a
The old Presbyterian Cemetery on the southwest corner of South Brookfield Street and Chichester Avenue, directly opposite the "Brookfield Presbyterian Church". MANORVILLE.
9b
The new Presbyterian Cemetery or Brookfield, about 1/8 mile southeast of the old cemetery and on the east side of Chichester Avenue leading to Centre Moriches, MANORVILLE.
10
The old Nicoll Floyd private graveyard on the old Floyd estate MASTIC. Adjoining this Cem., but outside its enclosure, are buried the Floyd slaves and negro servants, whose graves have wooden markers, beari g names, but o dates. Permission to visit this graveyard must be obtained.
11
Col. William (Tangier) Smith and strong private graveyard on the southwest side of Strong's Neck, or Little Neck, once a part of St. George, SETAUKET. In this Cem. there is one grave marked with a small field stone, which is traditionally that of an Indian. This Cem. also contains the oldest tombstone in Brookhaven Town with a legible death date, that of Col. William Smith, who died 18 Feb. 1704/5. Permission to visit this graveyard must be obtained.
12
Methodist Cemetery in the rear of the Methodist Protestant Church, south of the railroad station, MANORVILLE.
13
Formerly Norton private graveyard, now enlarged into the Selden Union Cemetery, south side of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), immediately northwest of and adjoining the Selden Fire Department, SELDEN_ In this Cem. are several unmarked graves
14
Robert Hawkins private graveyard, on the east side of the Middle Island-Yaphank Road, and north of the old Nathaniel Tuthill house, YAPHANK. In this Cem. are several broken field stones which appear to be at the heads of graves, north of the grave of the infant Ann Phillips. They, and Samuel Conklin and his wife, are south of an old cross fence that once ran through the middle of the yard.
15
Judge William (Tangier) Smith private graveyard, on the Smith homestead estate, and north of the site of Fort St. George, at Sebomock, or SMITH'S POINT, Manor of St. George. Permission to visit this graveyard must be obtained.
16
David Hawkins private graveyard, about 500 feet north of the railroad track and about a mile east of Brookhaven railroad station BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE.
17
Woodruff private graveyard, on the north of the South Country Road, (Route 27A), and a little distance north and back of the barn on the Hoyt estate, in eastern part of BELLPORT.
18
Col. William Howell private graveyard, on the west side of North Howell's Point Road, in the rear of the home of Frederick Jones, BELLPORT.
19
"King David" Hulse private graveyard, on the west side of Fireplace Neck Road, nearly opposite -=the school house, BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE.
20
Old Bellport Cemetary, an the west side of Academy Lane, opposite. the home of Miss Lily M. Hubert, BELLPORT. There are a number of unmarked graves in this cemetary. Nearly all of the stones once in this cemetery have been removed to Cemetery 28.
21
"Brookhaven Village Cemetery", incorporated in 1890 or 1892 as Oak Lawn Cemetery, some little distance north of that part of Montauk Highway (Route 27) commonly called Robinson Boulevard, and in the rear of the home of Robert Lyons, Sr., BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE. Note: To avoid any misunderstanding because of the Town and Village having the same name, the old name, "Fireplace" will always be used in this record to designate the village.
22
Yaphank Village Cemetery, consisting of 4 acres on the north side of and a little way back of Main Street, and owned by the Yaphank Cemetery Association. It was organized in 1870. It is therefore evident that any stones in this Cemetery with death dates prior
to this date have been moved in from other graveyards. Those given as M22 appear on the Baker-Mills-Swezey monument and are not all buried in this cemetery.
23
Coram Village Cemetery, west of the Methodist Church, on the north side of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), CORAM.
24
Old Coram or "Baptist" Cemetery, so called, a short distance south of Cemetery 23, CORAM. This very old Cemetery has many unmarked graves, now impossible to locate.
25
Johah Smith (Catholic Cemetery,so called) private. graveyard, on old Smith property, on the south side of the old abandoned section of the Middle Country Road, and about 300 feet west of the CoramPort Jefferson Road, Coram. In this Cemetery are at least 4 pieces of stones, used as markers of unknown graves. This graveyard is very probably the burial place, in unmarked graves, of the early members of the Coram Smith family - the descendants of "John Smith of Coram", son of Arthur Smith, the Quaker, an early settler of Setauket in 1659. A small part of this graveyard has an enclosure in which are a number of nodern stones with large crosses on them, and this is responsible for the term "Catholic Cemetery".
26
William Hawkins and Daniel Downs private graveyard' on the property now (1939) owned by John F. Hawkins, about 1500 feet south of the railroad track and about 300 feet east of the old William Hawkins homestead, WEST MORICHES.
27
Woodhull-Nicolls-Lawrence private graveyard, enclosed within a high iron fence, about 850 feet west or southwest of the site of the old Woodhull homestead, south side of the road running through that part of Mastic, now known as Mastic Beach.
28
Woodland Cemetery in the north part of Bellport, on the west side of the Station Road, BELLPORT. The first burial in this Cemeteryd was that of Irene, wife of John Robinson, who died 19 July 1869. it is therefore evident that any stones in this Cemetery with death dates prior to this date, have been moved in from other graveyards. Names and dates on the Civil War Monument, in sthe centre of the cemetery, are given in this record as M28.
29
Barteau private graveyard, about 1/8 mile east of "Snow's Corner" (Yaphank Avenue) adjoining the land of A. H. Rodde, and then about 200 feet north of Montauk (State) Highway, BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE. Some of the stones from this graveyard have been removed to Cem. 22, Yaphank.
30
Rose private graveyard in Corrigan-Tiger nursery, originally Rose property, south of Beaver Dam Road, between nursery blocks marked 12 and 13, BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE. Early members of the Rose family, who died in the first half of the 18th century, probably sleep in this graveyard in unmarked graves.
31
Joseph Raynor private graveyard in the woods, about 400 feet north of the old home of the late DeWitt Clinton Raynor, now owned by the Duvall estate, north of North Brookfield Street and northeast of"Sunny;Corners", MANORVILLE. There are also 12 unmarked graves in this Cem., besides those noted in this record, evidently members of the Raynor family, while-others have rough field stones at their heads.
32
Miller private graveyard on the old Dr. Nathaniel Miller estate, anc in the field some little distance from the old hemestead, now (1939) owned and occupied by George Miller, east of the BROOKHAVEN village post office.
33
Corwin private graveyard, in the northeast corner of the second lcgt about 1000 feet back of the Presbyterian Chapel, and on that part of the old Corwin property, now (1939) owned by Desmond Nelson, north of Chapel Street, BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE.
34
Longbothum private graveyard, adjoining the south side of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), southeast of the Selden schoolhoue and beside L.I. Lighting Co. and N.Y. Telephone Co. pole No. 408, Selden.
35
The former Dayton private graveyard, east of the site of the old barn and back of the present shed, on that part of the old Zachariah H. Dayton farm, now (1939) owned by James M. lAshSbn on the east sic of Middle Island-Yaphank Road, MIDDLE ISLAND. All the stones from this graveyard were moved to Cem. 3, prior to 1925, except the stone of Zachariah Hawkins Dayton, but since it was copied, it too, has been removed and is now either lost or destroyed.
36a
Bayles private graveyard on the hill in the corner of an old wood lc and on a line with the north wide of the old barn now(1939) owned by John Henry Smith, on the old Spicer Davis property, once owned by Thomas Bayles, before his death about 1795. MOUNT SINAI.
36b
On the west side of the Coram-Mount Sinai Road, and about 900 feet west of the intersection of the road leading to Swezeytown, north of Coram. In this graveyard, with common field stones for markers are the graves of Thomas Bayles and his wife, Elisabeth. There is at least one other unidentified grave with a field stone marked RB 1776.
37
Small private graveyard with about five or six graves, only two of which are marked with small square white stones without any inscriptions. It is in a formerly fenced-in enclosure (once a board fence, now (1939) only a few posts left), in the woods, about 500 feet west of Yaphank Avenue, at a point about opposite New York Telelphone Co. pole No. 118, or about 1/5 mile north of the intersection of the old Quaker Road and Yaphank Avenue, between Yaphank and Brookhaven villa Those buried in this cemetery are said to be members of a colored family by the name of Miles, who once owned the property.
38
Homan and Buckingham private graveyard, adjoining the south side of Main Street, on the old Hawkins Gerard property now (1939) a part of the Deane estate, between Yaphank Avenue and St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, and about 200 feet past the corner of Yaphank Ave and Main Street, YAPHANK.
39
Nathaniel Hawkins private graveyard, about 600 feet south of Montauk Highway (Route 27) and about 30 rods southeast of Snow's Corner, or the intersection of Yaphank Avenue and Montauk (State) Highway (Rout 27), BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE. In this cemetery are a number of unmarked graves, besides those noted in this record, and one or two with common field stones for markers.
40
Former Tuthill jarivate graveyard, about 200 feet west of the Great Rock, beside the North Country Road, on the old Hiram Tuthill proper now (1939) owned by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, West Wading River. All the stones in this Cem. have been moved to the . "Sea View Cemetery" - Cem. 6, Mount Sinai.
41
Swezey and Edwards private graveyard, on the knoll, about 200 feet east of the fork of the roads, and west of the late residence of Mrs. Martha Edwards, at Swezeytown, north of MIDDLE ISLAND.
42
Wood and Hallock private graveyard, on the hill between the North Country Road (Route 25A) and Lotowana Lane, about 550 feet northeas of the old Stony Brook Hotel and traffic light, Stony Brook. In this cemetery, besides sthose noted in this record, is a small. field stor marked "PH" at the head of a small grave.
43
Jonas Davis private graveyard, in the woods, south of and now a part of Cem. 42, Stony Brook. This Cem. was once separated from Cem. 42 by a fence, which has been removed. In this cemetery are several unmarked graves, besides those noted in this record, several marked with rough field stones and one with a small slab.
44
"Methodist Cemetery", so called, in the woods, near the south side of the Middle Country (State) Road (Route 25), about ; mile west of Cem. 3, the Middle Island "Union, Cemetery", and on a partt of the old Isaac Swezey land in Middle Island. There are about eight unmarked graves in this cemetery, besides those noted in this record.
45
Former Baker private graveyard, west of Jennings Avenue, south of Lakewood Street, near or adjoining "Big Cove" and bounded on the south by the present north line of Cedar Grove Cemetery-Cem. 61, PATCHOGUE. The present Cedar Grove Street passes over a part or all of this graveyard, all the stones from which are now in Cem. 61.
46
Smith and Rudyard private graveyard on the hill about 350 feet east or southeast of the old Stony Brook Hotel and traffic light, and about 100 feet south of the North Country Road (Route 25A), Stony Brook, It is enclosed within an iron fence, with a gate in the northwest corner and is probably the original burying ground of the Stony Brook branch of the descendants of John Smith, of Stony Brook, and of Benjamin Smith, son of Arthur Smith, the Quaker an early settler of Setauket in 1659.
47
Churchyard and Cemetery of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, on the south side of Main Street, and a few hundred feet east of its intersection, YAPHANK.
48
Presbyterian Cemetery in the northeast corner of the churchyard, on the north side of Main Street, about the middle of Yaphank.
49
Old "Baptist Cemetery", so called, on the south side of Main St. in the rear of Yaphank Fire Department, YAPHANK. Quite some few of the stones in this cemetery were destroyed by the school children from the nearby school since they were copied a number of years ago.
50
Raynor private graveyard in the field about 250 feet northwest of the house of the late Hampton Raynor, on the east side of the road passing between the old Barnabas Wines property on the west and the old William Raynor lproperty on the east-the latter now (1939) owned by the Grosselfinger estate, MANORVILLE.
51
The former old Fireplace Methodist Cemetery,- once on the property now the barnyard of the late James H. Post, on sthe east side of the Fish Road, near the South Country Road (Route 27A), BROOKHAVEN village. All of the stones from this Cem. have been removed some to Cem. 21 and some to Cem. 28.
52
The former Rose private graveyard on, or adjoining, the land now owned by the Brookhaven Library, on the north side of Beaver Dam Road, BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE. All the stones from this graveyard have been removed to Cem. 21.
53
The former Hedges and Osborn private graveyard, northwest of the home of the late William B. Hedges, on the old Hedges farm, now a part of the Miramar property, (1939), north of the South Country Road, (Route 27A), East Patchogue. All the stones from this graveyard have been removed to Cem. 28 and Cem. 61.
54
The former Overton private graveyard, on the old Overton farm, north of the South Country Road (Route 27A), WEST BELLPORT. The stones from this graveyard have been removed to Cem. 28.
55
The former Post private graveyard, on the Burnett place, once owned by the Post family, on the north side of Beaver Dam Road, BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE. The stones from this graveyard were moved to Cam. 20, and are now (1939) in Cem. 28.
56
The former Munsell private graveyard, on the north end of the land of the late George Munsell, now (1939) owned by his daughter, Mrs. Gussie Weidner, opposite the Bellport Country Club, BELLPORT.
57
The former Hurtin private graveyard, north of the South Country Road (Route 27A), and about 300 feet back of the site of the former East Patchogue post office and store of the late Augustus F. Smith, near where his son, Louis W. Smith now (1939) lives, East PATCHOGUE. The Stones from this graveyard have been removed to Patchogue.
58
The former Robinson private graveyard, on the old Joseph Robinson property, about 300 feet north of the South Country Road (Route 27A), back of the shed and adjoining the west line of the land now (1939) owned by Everett Hiscox, EAST PATCHOGUE. The stones from this graveyard have been removed to Cem. 61, Patchogue.
59
The former Roe private graveyard, near the southwest corner of Roe Avenue and Glenwood Street, on that part of the old Roe property. now (1939) a part of the estate of the late Abraham Lincoln Saxton, Pine Neck, East Patchogue, All the stones from this graveyard have been removed to Cem.61 - PATCHOGUE.
60
Smith private graveyard, on old Smith property, now a part of the Durkee estate, about 100 feet or more from the end of a driveway starting at a point about 3/8 of a mile south of the South Country Road (Route 27A), on the west side of the private road running opposite the residence of Louis W. Smith to the barnyard on the Durkee estate, EAST PATCHOGUE. In this graveyard is a wooden marker, with its inscription obliterated of a Civil War veteran, said to be that of" some Harry" Smith.
61
"Cedar Grove" Cemetery, PATCHOGUE, on the east side of West Lake ("Lace Mill Pond") and west of Jennings Avenue at the west end of Cedar Grove Street, Patchogue. This cemetery ii controlled by the Cedar Grove Cemetery Association, formed 3 May 1875' and opened by dedication ceremonies 24 Oct. 1875, therefore it is evident that any stones bearing death dates prior to this date, have been moved in from other cemeteries.
62
David Robinson private graveyard in the woods, northwest of the former old East Manorville school house, on an old cross-road called the "Hills Road" and north of the site of the old David Robinson house, about 1000 feet south of the present (1939) East Manorville school. It is also northwest of the Clark Robinson house, now owned by Miss Putt, EAST MANORVILLE. David Robinson, Sr., a Revolutionary War veteran and his wife, Mary Raynor, daughter of Joseph Raynor, Sr., are buried in this cemetery in unmarked graves. There are also a number of other unmarked graves besides those noted in this record.
63
Robinson and Gordon private graveyard, about 450 feet north of "Hot Water Pond": and the Eastport Manorville Road, on the old Gordon property, now owned by Rev. Willis Holcomb and adjoining the land of Henry Brunjes on the east, MANORVILLE. A few unmarked graves are in this cemetery besides those noted in this record.
64
The former Brewster private graveyard, on the Middle Island, Daniel Brewster property, beside an old cross hedge-row, now cleared up, near the middle of what is now a large field. A few of the bones are said to have been removed to smme other graveyard, but most of the graves were 1bloughed over, after the stones had been removed, about 1880, and piled up in a hedge-row on the northeast side of the barn lot or pikel, on the former farm of Horace Randall and of his son, Joseph H. Randall. What remain of them, are now (1939) either used as a cover over an abandoned well or are still in the hedge-row, some little distance northeast of the post office and store of Edward Pfiiffer, on the north side oi6 the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), Middle Island.
65
Joseph Brewster private graveyard, about 500 feet in the field, east of the Main Road running between the Methodist Church and Setauket Green and about back of the Presbyterian parsonage, SETAUKET.
66
Stephen Randall private graveyard, about 500 feet northeast of the site of the original house of Stephen Randall where John Orlando Randall once lived, and now ( 1939) owned by John Gilmore Randall, at the junction of the Whiskey Road and Randall Road, and about a mile and a half north of the State Game Farm at The Ridge orl Ridgeville.
67
Still private graveyard, on the west side of the Coram-Port Jefferson Road- diagonally opposite the old Smith Still home, and about one mile north of the Coram traffic light, Coram. There is at least one unmarked grave and possibly others in this cemetery besides those noted in this record.
68
Phillips and Davis private graveyard, on the hill back of Timothy Davis former chicken yard (about 200 feet west of a small private wood road) and a good 1000 feet south of the intersection of the North Country Road and Shore Road, Mount Sinai. There are at least two or three graves besides those noted in this record, marked by rough field stones without inscriptions. A fence formerly divided this cemetery into two parts. The stones of Martha Phillips and Carman D. Carter, which appear in this record were copied a n-umber of years ago, but could not be located in October, 1938, because of the rank undergrowth.
69
Joseph Davis private graveyard, on the farm where Joseph and Elizabeth (Parshall) Davis once lived, now owned by James H. Hopkins in 1939, about 100 feet north of his present barn, and about 100 feet northwest of the Parish House of the Congregational Church, MOUNT SINAI. In this cemetery are several graves of unknown persons, one marked with a small field stone, and another with a white stone now (1939) broken off and its inscription gone.
70
Former Tooker private graveyard, on the hill about 400 feet eastnortheast of the caretaker's house on the property of the Crystal Brook Park Association, MOUNT SINAI. In this cemetery, besides those noted in this record, are several graves marked with small field stones at their heads. All the Tooker tombstones were moved a number of years ago to Cedar Hill Cemetery. Cem.95, Port Jefferson.
71
Noah Hallock private graveyard, on the old Hallock property, near the landing about 300 feet up the hill on the north side of a private road starting from another road from Long Island Lighting Company's pole No. 2, northwest of the ancient Noah Hallock homestead and about 450 feet southwest of the same house near Hallock's Landing Road, Rocky Point. In this cemetery, besides those noted in this record, are several unmarked graves; also one with a stake at athe head and four or more with rough field stones at their heads.
72
Samuel Davis private graveyard, on the old Davis homestead property until recently owned by Victor Floyd Davis, about 100 feet northwest of the barn and about 300 feet north of the present (1939) Moun Sinai post office, on the north side of the North Country Road, MOUNT SINAI. In this graveyard are three rough stones with traces of inscriptions, none of which can be deciphered with any certainty. They are entered as Davis. There are also traces of other unmarked graves.
73
Capt. Daniel Roe private graveyard, on the south side of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), south or southwest of the barn of J. Logan Dare, Selden.
74
Former Miller private graveyard, in a clump of trees surrounded by a fence, northwest of the barn of John Ryder, and about 425 feet north-northwest of the Millers Place Pond, MILLERS PLACE. All but two of the stones from sthis cemetery, have been removed to Cem. 6, Mount Sinai. These two stones now (1939) are used as a door step at the kitchen door of Mrs. Ida Brown Baches, Miller Place.
75
A former Davis private graveyard on a farm that in 1916 was known as the Davis farm, and owned by William A. Davis, MOUNT SINAI.
76
Eliakim Davis private graveyard, on the hill on land once owned by Eliakim Davis, on the west side of and adjoining a private fram road on the land now (1939) owned by Harvey Kieffer, and about 800 feet south-southeast of the Mount Sinai Fire Department, on the south side of the North Country Road, MOUNT SINAI.
77
John Biggs private graveyard, on the old Biggs homestead property, and northwest of the house now (1939) owned by Mrs. Herman Seydel, along the road on the west side of Mill Creek, SETAUKET. In this graveyard are several field stones used as grave markers, with illegible inscriptions, besides those noted in this record.
78
Jonathan Thompson private graveyard on the old Thompson property, west of "Chicken Hill", on the hill about 250 feet northeast of the ancient Thompson homestead, the birthplace and early home of Benjamin F. Thompson, the historian, and about 350 feet southeast of the curve of the North Country Road, (Route 25A), in the south part of SETAUKET.
79
Samuel Carman and Nathaniel Miller 11rivate graveyards, in the woods, southwest of the South Haven Presbyterian Church and about 450 feet west of Lloyd Robinson's house on Charles E. Robinson's duck ranch. The two Miller graves are just northwest of the fence and on the former Anson Hard estate, SOUTH HAVEN.
80
Former Homan private graveyard, about 500 feet south of Montauk Highway, (Route 27), on the east side of an old hedgerow, and about opposite the old homestead of William Osborn, now (1939) owned by Charles Engelhaupt, SOUTH HAVEN. Only three stones from this graveyard were moved to Cem. 4, South Haven. The other stones are said to have been destroyed or buried.
81
Azel Hawkins private graveyard, in the edge of the woods, on the rear of his home property, now (1939) owned by the Thomas I. Morrow, Sr., estate, and about 450 feet directly back of the residence of Mrs. Thomas I. Morrow, Sr. on the north side of Beaver Dam Road, FIREPLACE.
82
Arthur Smith family private graveyard, up the hill and back of the barnyard and ancient house of Isaac Smith, deceased, now (1939) the home of Julia S. Smith, his daughter, on the east side of Mill Creek and road, SETAUKET. In this graveyard are a number of small field stones at the heads of graves, and except for the eight noted in this record, are without inscriptions.
83
Col. Joseah Smith and Howell private graveyard, on the east side of Paquatuck Avenue, about a mile south of Montauk Highway, (Route 27), East Moriches.
84
Methodist graveyard, north of and adjoining the former Methodist, now (1939) the Commmnity Church, on the east side of the Middle Island-Yaphank Road, MIDDLE ISLAND.
85
Elijah Davis private graveyard, about 250 feet east of the Coram-Mt. Sinai Road and Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), CORAM.
86
Bishop and Robinson private graveyard directly back of St. John's R. C. Church and about 200 feet south of the Montauk Highway (Route2 CENTER MORICHES.
87
Joseph Ruland private graveyard, on the west side of the old hedgerow, in the northeast corner of the largefirst lot, now (1939) partly grown up, and about 650 feet or more, north or northeast of the house of David J. Crozier, on the north side of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), and about 700 feet or more nearly north of and opposite the entrance to "Highview Drive", SELDEN. The stones of Alexander Ruland and his wife, Katie, which are supposed to have once stood in this graveyard, have either been destroyed or removed, since the data from them, which appears in this record, was copied a number of years ago.
88
Wicks private graveyard, northeast corner of the field, back of the house and barnyard on the old Joel Wicks farm, on the east side of North Ocean Avenue and southeast of Canaan Lake, NORTH PATCHOGUE.
89
"Cherry Valley"-the Hallock and Homan private graveyard, about 300 feet northwest of the old house where George Franklin Raynor lived until his death prior to, or about, 1925, and about ; mile south of the old Manorville-Calverton South Road, MANORVILLE.  In this graveyard, there are about 30 unmarked graves, besides thoe noted in this record. On road usually called Jone's Road or Shakum Swamp Road.
90
Job Raynor private graveyard, about 300 feet southeast of the railroad crossing over the road running through the central part of the Woolworth-Donahue estate, and about two miles east of Manorville. In this graveyard, Job Raynor, Sr., and his wife, Patience Hallock; Job.Raynor,Jr., and his wife, Eliza Conklin, 1 are buried in unmarked graves, also their children. There are also other unmarked graves, besides those noted in this record.
91
Wines private graveyard, about 600 feet west in the field opposite the south end of Bauer Avenue, on the old Samuel and Barnabas Wines property, MANORVILLE. In this graveyard, besides the one noted in this record, there are possibly 20 or more unmarked graves of the Wines family; some having rough field stones for markers. Within recent years, a number of these have been stolen by People for making rock gardens.
92
Stanbrough private graveyard, adjoining the hedgerow in the woods, about 400 feet north of South Brookfield Street, northwest of the former residence of Dr. Hoole,. and about z mile or more east of the Brookfield Presbyterian Church, MANORVILLE. In this graveyard, there are a number of unmarked graves, besides those noted in this record.
93
The so-called Newton and L'Hommedieu private graveyard, formerly c called "The Village Lot", directly north of and adjoining the home place of Harold C. Sorenson, Esq., Justice-of-the-Peace, on the east side of Moriches Road, (sometimes called St. James Road), LAKE GROVE. In this graveyard are about 20 stones with inscriptions which appear in this record, and an unknown number of unmarked graves.
94
Old Hulse private graveyard, on ancient Hulse property, about 350 feet north of an old town road, probably called "The Parsonage Road", and about 1000 feet east-southeast of the old Hulse Homestead, now owned by John Augustaitis, Sr., East Setauket. Some stones from this graveyard have been removed to Cedar Hill Cemetery-cem. 95. There is one field stone, besides those noted in this record, with what appear to be illegible traces of letters.
.....
95
"Cedar Hill Cemetery", entered by a narrow lane leading north from the Sheep Pasture Road, about ; mile northwest from Port Jefferson railroad station, at COMSEWOGUE OR ECHO. This cemetery, comprising 17 acres, is controlled by the Cedar Hill Cemetery Association, formed 30 Apr. 1859, at which time 13 acres were purchased by Hubbard Gildersleeve. The officers were: R.H. Wilson, president; J.B. Randall, secretary; Abraham Brown, treasurer, and Hamilton Tooker, Daniel Hulse and Cyrus E. Griffing, trustees. The first burial was that of Mary B. Hulse, wife of Charles L. Hulse, who died 27 March 1859. It is therefore evident that any stones in this cemetery bearing death dates prior to this date have been moved in from other graveyards.
96
Former Ketcham private graveyard, on that part of the property formerly owned by Scuddet Ketcham, later by Timothy Ketcham, now (1939) owned by Desmond Nelson, and about where his garage stands, Fireplace. (BROOKHAVEN VILLAGE) The inscriptions on the oldd stones were copied on a monument placed in Cern. 28, Bellport. The stones were then removed and stored in a building near the road, on that part of the property now owned by Jacob Valentine. When the building later was used as a shop, they were thrown out and have since gradually disappeared.
97
Longwood Tangier Smith private graveyard, on the estate of Dr. William Sidney Smith at Longwood, about northwest of the old homestead, and on the east side of the new road running between The Ridge and the Longwood Road, THE RIDGE.
98
Former Andrew Miller private graveyard that was once located in the northwest part of the yard in fromt of what is now (1939) the Millers Place Inn, east of the pond in Millers Place. Stones from this graveyard were removed and for awhile were piled up along the edge of the lot. They were later rescued and removed to Cem. 6, by the late Deacon Samuel H. Miller, Esq., of Miller Place. From the best information that can be secured, there appear to have been other graves and stones near, or adjoining, this ancient graveyard, only two of which can, at this date, be found or information secured about them. These two are now (1939) in Cem. 6, and the names and dates from them appear in this record. This old Miller graveyard is mentioned in TR4P64, in 1716, that the last will and desire of Andrew Miller, Jr. was that a decent "Buriall Place" should be reserved in the orchard where his mother was buried, for him and all the posterity of the house of Miller, forever.
99
Isaac Hammond private graveyard, in the edge of the woods, about 550 feet northwest of the old Hammond homestead, now (1939) owned by Peter and James Campbell, on the north side of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), and.abbut.350 feet west of Hammond Avenue, CENTEREACH.
100
George Lee private graveyard, in the woods, north of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), opposite the New York TelephoneLong Island Lighting Company pole No. 286, and on the west side of an old hedgerow along the east side of the old Lee property, CENTEREACH.
101
James and Israel Smith private graveyards, in the woods about 500 feet southwest of the main building of The Cenacle on the former Maude Adams estate, between Smith Street and Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, There are two sections or parts. The west one contains but two tombstones and is about 100 feet west of the six stones in the easteren part, and is separated from it by and old post and wire fence, now (1939) nearly gone. There are traces in both parts of other graves besides those noted in this record.
102
Former Ananias Smith private graveyard, about 100 feet east of Grove Avenue, and about 150 feet north of the present (1939) barn of Emmett Clark Smith, PATCHOGUE. The bones of those buried in this graveyard were moved about 1915 to Cem. 61, and a monument erected on which were copied all the names and dates found on the old tombstones. About three or four of the old stones are still in various places on Mr. Smith's property.
103
Former Strong private graveyard, southwest of the present (1939) house of Oliver J. Kemble, and in the rear of the site of the ancient Roe Tavern, in recent years owned by Wallace Irwin. The (1939) owned by Edward Bennett, EAST SETAUKET.  All the Strong stones were removed to Cem. 11. Several other stones remain, all of which, before they were copied, were used by someone in the foundation of a nearby house and probably now lost forever.  The remaining stone noted in this record has also recently disappeared!
104
"Oak Hill Cemetery", the entrance to which is about half way up the hill on the north side of Hollow Road, Stony Brook. It was begun in 1864.
105
Old Presbyterian Cemetery, on the east side of, and adjoining Beachfern Road, about 175 feet south of Montauk Highway, (Route 27), Centre Moriches. This cemetery is very probably in the rear of the site of the ancient Moriches Presbyterian church, and a part of the old churchyard.
106
Methodist Cemetery, on the south side of Christian Avenue in the churchyard of the Methodist Church, STONY BROOK.
107
Petty private graveyard, on the hill south side of the Lower Road from Mount Sinai to Port Jefferson, about 300 feet in the woods nearly opposite the large rock, or boulder, on the north side of said road, and about 1/4 mile west of the residence of Joseph Bennett, MOUNT SINAI. Near the two graves noted in this record, there is at least one other grave marked with a small field stone at its head. There are possibly other graves.
108
Jones private graveyard, near the top of the hill, on the south side of the road, about opposite the old Deacon Joel Brown home, now (1939) owned by Miss Regina V. Moeer, near the corner of the Rocky Point Road, ROCKY POINT. Charles Woodhull had some of the stones moved sometime prior to 1895 to Seaview Cem.(No.6) Mount Sinai.
109
Ancient Hopkins private graveyard, in the edge of the woods, about 225 feet east of Pipe Stave Hollow Road, and about 250 feet north of the North Country Road, near Witches' Rock, MOUNT SINAI. This graveyard contains, besides those noted in this record, many graves and traces of others, some of which have "nigger heads" or small field stones at their heads, and others have pieces of stone slabs, some bearing both legible and illegible inscriptions.
110
The former Roe and Miller families private graveyard, south of Lake wood Street, between Patchogue Lake and "Big Cove", PATCHOGUE. It is possible that the south end of the present Shore Road passes over about the site of this graveyard. All the stones from this graveyard have been removed to "Cedar Grove Cemetery"Cem. 61, Patchogue.
111
Catholic Cemetery, on west side of, and adjoining, Patchogue Lake, at the east end of Second Street leading east from Waverly Avenue, PATCHOGUE.
112
Methodist Cemetery, in the rear of the Methodist Church and parsonage, on the south side of Montauk Highway (Route 27) between Lake Avenue and Union Avenue, CENTRE MORICHES. Many of the stones from this cemetery have been moved to Cem. 7; the others taken up and when copied in 1938, were standing in a row against the fence on the east side of the yard.
113
Former Robinson private graveyard, about 1000 feet north of the small pond on the old Robinson-Valentine property, at "Long Chestnuts", now (1939) owned by Mrs. Selden W. Heatley, on the north side of the old North Country Road, West sWading River. All of the six tombstones, (but not the remains) in this graveyard, were moved about 1880 to the southeast corner of the Wading River Cemetery - Cem. D.
114
Nassakeage-Hawkins private graveyard, on the east side of "Pond Path" leading from Lake Grove to Setauket, about a mile or more south of St. Georges Country Club, NASSAKEAGE. In this graveyard are several graves besides those noted in this record, marked with small field stones on which the inscriptions are now illegible, including one grave beside that of Charity Hawkins which is probably that of Jacob Hawkins and is marked with a D. R. marker.
115
Former Avery private graveyard, on the west side of Namkee Road, about 1/8 mile north of the turn of "Middle Road" northwest of the Suydam property, BLUE POINT. All the stones from this graveyard were moved to the Blue Point Cemetery - Cem. 116, prior to the cutting through of Namkee Road through the old Avery farm.
116
The Blue Point Cemetery, formerly the Methodist burying ground, in the rear of the Blue Point Fire Department, and north of Bennett's greenhouse property, BLUE POINT. The entrance to this cemetery is through a narrow land on the east side of Blue Point Avenue, Blue Point.
117
Hallock private graveyard, in the northwest corner of the lot across the street from Parsnip Pond, about 450 feet northwest of Parsnip Pond Road which runs east and northeast from Moriches Path to the Middle Country (State) Road, ( Route 25), and about 400 feet south of the said Middle Country Road, LAKE GROVE.
118
"Lakeville Rural Cemetery", west of and in the rear of, the Methodist Episcopal church, on the northwest corner of Hawkins Avenue and Mooney Pond Road ( or Smith Street), LAKE GROVE. The original part of this cemetery, consisting of 81 plots was surveyed 29 May 1862, for Richard W. Newton, by Moses Rogers, and burials were probably made very soon after this date. It is therefore eizident that any stones bearing death dates prior to this date, have been moved in from other cemeteries. The Akerly stones in the extreme southwest corner of this cemetery are said to have been removed from Cem. 101, or elsewhere on The Cenacle property.
119
Holtsville, or Waverly Cemetery, at the northeast corner of Union Avenue and Washington Avenue, and about 1/3 mile northwest of the Holtsville railroad station, HOLTSVILLE. This cemetery is controlled by the Waverly Cemetery Association, which held its first meeting 16 Oct. 1856. The first burial was probably made about that time. The cemetery serves the communities of Holtsville-formerly known as Waverly-Holbrook and Farmingville, At the time the stones were copied in 1938 for this record, some of the plots were so badly overgrown that it is possible that some stones may have been overlooked or missed (especially any that may have fallen down).
120
Nichols private graveyard, some little distance east or northeast of the house of William E. Smith, in the northeast corner of his land and between Moriches Road and Hallock Road, about 3/4 of a mile north of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), LAKE GROVE.
121
Former Gardiner private graveyard, on the south side of Montauk Highway (Route 27) in fromt of the house formerly owned by Dr. Skidmore, now (1939) the residence of Helen Van Denfange, EAST MORICHES. The only tombstone from this graveyard is now in "Mount Pleasant Cemetery"-Cem. 7, CENTRE MORICHES.
122
Solomon Bishop private graveyard, on land formerly the old Bishop property, later Simonson, now (1939) owned by Clara M. Dekker, on the east side of an old hedgerow, and about 700 feet north of the Montauk Highway (Route 27), Centre Moriches. There are traces of. other graves without markers, besides those noted in
this record.
123
Former Bishop and Reeve private graveyard, along the north side of Montauk Highway (Route 27) at the southwest corner of the Canning property, CENTRE MORICHES, is said to be buried under the present concrete sidewalk along the site of this graveyard.
124
Former Isaac Bishop private graveyard, on the west side of Bellevue Avenue, about 1700 feet north of Moriches Bay, CENTRE MORICHES. All the stones from this graveyard are said to have been moved to the north side of the Island, possibly to Rocky Point. However, none of the Bishop names appear in Cem. 71 at Rocky Point, but there is an Isaac Bishop who is said to have been originally buried in this graveyard, who died 22 July 1851, and whose stone is now in "Mount Pleasant Cemetery"-Cem.7.
125
Sell former private graveyard, on the old John Jay Woodhull farm, about 675 feet north of a house at SHOREHAM, about 1/8 of a mile from the abandoned Shoreham railroad station on the road leading north from it. The four stones (but not the remains) in this graveyard, were moved about 1880 to the southeast corner of the Wading River Cemetery-Cem.D.
126
Former Norton private graveyard, in the west hedgerow along the field of the old French property, now (1939) owned by Elfrida Abinet, on the north side of the Middle Country (State) Road, (Route 25), SELDEN. The exact location of this former graveyard cannot be determined as its site is only traditional.
127
Former Abraham Osborn and Elisha Raynor private graveyards, adjoining each other, about 500 feet north of Montauk Highway,
(Route 27), and about 200 feet west of Bank LStreet, Centre MORICHES.
128
Former Duryea private graveyard, in the southwest corner of what is now(1939) the dooryard of Archie S. Havens, on the south side of Montauk Highway, (Route 27), in the eastern part of CENTRE MORICHES. The, stones from this graveyard were removed by Charles T. Duryea, about 1850, to Babylon.
129
Former Lane private graveyard, about 100 feet or more north of Montauk Highway (Route 27) and about 800 feet west of Lambert Avenue, in Sed.7 of "Mastic Park", in what was, until recent years, always known as Paineville, NORTH MASTIC. All the stones from this graveyard (except that of Harriet W. dau. of Amos and Jane Ann Baldwin, who died 18 Aug. 1859), were removed to lot No. 43, Cem.7, Centre Moriches a number of years ago.
130
Former Fanning private gravaeyard, about 100 feet south of the present (1939) Moriches schoolhouse, Dist. No. 32, on the south side of Montauk Highway (Route 27), WEST MORICHES. All the stones from this graveyard, except one, that of Martha DeGroote Leek, which is now broken and missing, were removed to lot nos. 111-112, Cem.7, CENTRE MORICHES, a number of years ago
131
Former Joseph Hawkins private graveyard of about twenty graves,l on the south side of Montauk Highway (Route 27), on or near the present ( 1939) Moriches post office, or the "White Bungalow", WEST MORICHES. All but about two or three of the stones in this graveyard have been moved to "Mount Pleasant Cemetery",-Cem.7, and copies from them appear in this record. The two or three remaining stones were taken to a spot near the boundary line between the land of the late Edmund Hallock and William Lukert, about 1000 feet west of a point 1000 feet or more south of the railroad track on the road leading to Lukert's duck farm.
132
Methodist Cemetery, in the real of the Methodist church, on the Northwest corner of North Country Road, (Route 25A), and Main Street, near the top of Brewster Hill, SETAUKET.
133
Cemetery of the Suffolk County Alms-house, at the end of a lane on the east side of Yaphank Avenue, and about 1200 feet eastnootheast of the present (1939) Suffolk County Home, Yaphank.
134
Poosepatuck Indian and Negro cemetery, about 200 feet southeast of the schoolhouse at Poosepatuck, on the Indian Reservation below the Mastic railroad station. There are many unmarked graves in this cemetery. Only three graves have stones, and only two of these bear inscriptions, but these have no death dates prior to 1883.
135
A.M.E.Zion Churchyard and Cemetery in the rear of the negro church, on the west side of Railroad Avenue, between the Centre Moriches railroad station and Montauk Highway, (Route 27), CENTRE MORICHES. There are but three stones with inscriptions, but a number of unmarked graves in this cemetery.
136
Negro graveyard, about 400 feet east of Cedar Avenue, and,about 700 feet, south. of Montauk Highway, (Route 27), on land now (1939) owned by William Lukert, WEST MORICHES. In this graveyard, there are twenty or more unmarked graves, and only two having inscriptions and one with a wooden cross with no inscription. Only one stone has a death date prior to 1883, and this death date appears in this record.
137
Bethel Negro Cemetery, a former negro churchyard at athe intersection of Quaker Path and the extension of Christian Avenue, between Setauket and STONY BROOK.
138
Laurel Hill Negro Cemetery, on the hill south side of and extension of Christian Avenue, and a little distance southeast of the A. M. E. Zion church, at or near SETAUKET. In this cemetery, there are many unmarked graves, besides sthose noted in this record. This cemetery was laid out by Isaac Satterly and Benjamin Franklin Thompson (the noted Long Island historian) by order of the Brookhaven Town Trustees in 1815.
139
Former John Roe, Sr., private graveyard, with a frontage of about 40 feet on land once owned by Thomas Roe, and now (1939) woned by Vinah Edwards, about 200 feet east of East Main Street, south of East Broadway, between Spring and South Streets, PORT JEFFERSON. All the stones in this graveyard were moved many years ago to "Cedar Hill Cemetery"-Cem.95.
140
Former Drown Meadow, or Port Jefferson, Methodist Churchyard and Cemetery, in what is now (1939), the yard of Mrs, Leroy Deale, on the west side of High Street, near the corner south side of Thompson Street, PORT JEFFERSON. All the stones in this graveyard were moved many years ago to "Cedar Hill Cemetery"-Cem.95.
141
Former Davis and Miller private graveyard, in what is now (1939) the front dooryard of the home of Mr. and Mrs. Nathaniel Tuthill on the south side of Main Street, at or near the corner of an old lane, now a town road, called "Sylvan Avenue", MILLERS PLACE. All the stones in this graveyard were moved to "Sea View Cemetery" Cem.6, in the Spring of 1868.
142
The Quaker Hallock private graveyard, on the north side of "Lubber Street", on the opposite side of the road from The Big Tree-upin the lots and about southwest of the Setauket post office SETAUKET. The compiler has failed in his effort to definitely locate this graveyard, but has been informed that athe two stones of "Dicky" Davis, and his wife, Deborah, who at a later period owned the property, were the only ones in this burying ground, bearing inscriptions, and that they have been removed to the Methodist Episcopal Cemetery-Cem. 106.
143
Lane and Terry private graveyard,- located on the extreme northern end of the Isaac B. Terry farm, on the east of the Brookhaven - Riverhead Town bridge over the upper end of the Peconic River, northeast of the Manorville railroad station, MANORVILLE. According to information furnished by Clifford Roe Raynor of Manorville, this private graveyard is the final resting place of a number of persons, besides those noted in this record, who sleep in unmarked graves, among whom are Melatiah/Meletiah Packard,  who m. 1st Elijah Bliss, and second, Eliphalet Worthington.  Eliphalet was a soldier in the Revolution.  Their children settled on Long Island. Eliphalet Worthington was from Springfield, MA, and was related to the Terry family of CT (the clockmakers).  Also Doxy Lane Ensign in Capt. Daniel Roe's Company, 1776, and Mary Matthews Lane, his wife; Samuel Lane, son of the above and Mary Lane his wife; george Coebit, Bethiah Terry Coebit, Francis Lane, Mary Barto, Johathan Raynor and wife, Henry Ross, Sr., and wife of Moriches are also buried in this graveyard.. They lived in Stoughton, MA, and in New Haven Co., CT. (information updated 05/05/2004 by Rich Worthington rlworthi@wisc.edu)
144
Old slave and traditionally Indian graveyard in the woods and briars on the south side of Sugar Loaf Hill, about 100 feet north of a smal clearing on the top of the hill on the old Oakwood property, and about 1200 feet or more northeast of the old Mary 1Strong homestead, Mount Misery Neck or BELLE TERRE. There are no regular inscribed tombstones. What graves can be located are marked by field stones and rough slabs.

 
 
 
 
 

Isolated Burial Sites Not In the Cemeteries Listing
1
Tombstone in the hedgerow adjoining the land of John Sives, some little distance north, northeast of and back of the Rose Steckle Sliter house, opposite the Methodist Church, Brookhaven village. There are said to be about 8 unmarked graves besides the one note, in this record.
2
Two tombstones on Mooney Pond Road, east part of property of Albert Terrell, near Charles Pond, Coram. There are 5 other graves, bes. the 2 noted in this record, with pieces of stones for markers, wi out names or dates.
3
Three tombstones about 40 rods north of the old Jones house, which burned in 1911, now (1939) the Hopkins estate and in the hedgerow north of the house lot owned by William Terry during the middle of the last century, Manorville. There are a number of unmarked graves besides the 3 noted in this record.
4
Two tombstones that was once west of the late residence of Henry Pike on North Brookfield Street, Manorville. These 2 stones are now (1939) gone, but were copied many years ago by the late Richard M Bayles and are given in this record.
5
Two tombstones (formerly three) described many years ago as "south of an old fence about 15 rods west of the old Joseph Bayles house on the northeast of the old Samuel Davis farm, which later became owned by Victor Floyd Davis." These stones still standing in the original place, are just north of a large oak tree in a chicken yard and about 300 feet west of the house of Archie W Davis, on the north side of the North Country Road, Mount Sinai.
6
Two tombstones in the field, on the old Terry land, about 1/3 mile east of Manorville railroad station and about 100 feet east of th. Manorville-Riverhead Road, called "David Terry Street", Manorvill, Other graves besides the 2 noted in this record. but without ston. are faintly discernible. These 2 stones stand in what may probab be the cemetery described as Cemetery 143.
7
Tombstone on the south side of the South Country Road, (Route 27a), near the entrance of the Hoyt estate, Bellport.
8
Tombstone on the Cook estate in the hedgerow near the boundary line between the Cook and Hoyt estates, west of the house, Bellport. Besides the one stone noted in this record, there are said to be 1 or 2 unmarked graves of his children.
9
Tombstone on the former Seaman property, now (1939) owned by Presto Smith and back of the old Mary Seaman house, near Fireplace Creek Brookhaven Village.
10
Three tombstones on the Carman-Lush property in the rear of the lat residence of Edgar Homan, now (1939) rented by Harold Bubb at Squassux, Brookhaven Village.
11
Two tombstones formerly on property of the late Charles B. Hawkins, West Bellport. They are now (1939) in Woodland Cemetery 28, Bell.
12
Two tombstones in hedgerow, south of the former chicken farm of John Bond, southeast of the Tiger Corrigan nursery and about 300 feet east of Mott Lane, Brookhaven Village.
13
Three tombstones in an old hedgerow, on the west side of the field, about 100 feet north of the Middle Country State Road (Route 25) on the old "Jim" Davis land, now (1939) known as the Fox Place, at the Ridge, or Ridgeville. There are 4 unmarked graves besides three noted in this record.
14
One grave, (possibly ?) marked with 2 rotten locust stakes, on the west side of a hedgerow along the west side of, the William Rulanc now (1939) Ahern property, about 65 feet south of a cross hedgeroo in the woods and about 100 feet west of and in a line with, the tar paper covered chicken coops on the Ahern place, northwest of the old Ruland house, Selden. There are no tombstones. The grave is said to be that of one Alexander Ruland.
15
Tombstone in the woods about 100 feet south of South Brookfield Street and directly opposite Cemetery 97 Manorville. Beside this stone is the grave of another child with a rough field stone without inscription at the head.
16
Two tombstones on the west side of an overgrown field. about 150 feet west of the now disused Higby Road leading to the old David Overton Senior place, between the Coram-Bellport Road and the Granny Road and at a point about 400 feet south of the old Town Road between Coram and Coram Hill, Coram. There are at least 7 other graves besides the 2 noted in this record, three of which have plain field stones for markers.
17
Three tombstones in the southeast corner of the old Rider place, tat owned by the Booth family at Squassux and directly north of the barnyard of Alan G. Baker on the south side of Beaver Dam Road, Brookhaven village.
18
Tombstone that once stood in the hedgerow west of the house now (1939) owned by Mrs. E Stanley Brown, south of East Culver Lane and west of Montauk Highway (Route 27) East Moriches. This stone was standing some years ago on the old Pawson family property, but now appears to be lost.
19
Tombstone on the east side of, and near Halsey Manor Avenue on the northwest corner of William P. Walter's Locust Grove Farm and about 1 mile north of the East Manorville School, Manorville.
20
Tombstone in the woods about 300 feet directly west and opposite railroad track marker No. 67 on the branch line of the railroad between Manor and Eastport and northwest of the pond on the old Captain Samuel Robinson place, north of the Hills Road, ManorvillE Beside this grave, is a small grave marked with a rough field stor without any inscription There appear to be traces of their graves.
21
Tombstone that once stood about a rod or more east of the site of the old Morris Jayne Tavern, which stood in the lot just north of the residence of the late Isaac Smith now.(1939) owned by his daughter Julia S. Smith, Setauket. There was once another stone beside this with an illegible inscription. Both are now gone.
22
One tombstone, but two graves, on Briar Hill, on land of Augustus Hawkins, formerly the old Denton property, just south of the entry gate of Wallace Irwin, Esquire on the east side of Old Hollow or Old Gully Roil between the station or Snarled (Gnarled) Road and Coach Road, East Setauket.
23
Tombstone standing against the barn on the former George T. Osborn property, now (1939) owned by John Price, East Moriches. This stone is thought to have originally stood in the Gardiner family private graveyard, Cemetery 121.
24
Tombstone on the Archdeacon development., about 150 feet south of the railroad track up the hill and in the woods and about southez of the old Hawkins-Mount-Buffet house and quite some little dista east of Hawkins Avenue, Stonv Brook. There were once 2 stones, k said to have been of slaves or servants of the mount family, but stone, that of Anthony Hannibal Clapp, was removed by the late Edward P. Buffet, Esquire and to preserve it because of its uniqu inscription, beneath the design of a violin carved at the top, wa put in the garret of his house, where it is said to be now (1939) at entrance of Suffolk Museum, Stony Brook.
25
Two tombstones that once stood on the old Tooker property, now (1939) owned by Ernest Goebel, Mount Sinai. They are now missing having disappeared since they were copied in 1934.
26
Two tombstones, used as a door step, at the back kitchen door of the house of Mrs. Ida Brown Baches, on the north side of the North Country Road, Miller Place. These stones formerly stood in Cemetery 74.
27
Unknown and unmarked grave on the west side of Lake Avenue, opposite the house of F.E. Sexauer, on land formerly owned by William Edwards Center Moriches. It is supposed to be that of some one of the Edwards family.
28
Two graves without stones about 50 feet west of the northwest cornea of Atlantic Avenue and South Main Street (or the Middle Road) alor the north side of the road and about under the present road gutter Blue Point. These graves are traditionally those of 2 Revolutionary soldiers, or of 2 members of the "Whig John" Smith family.