Return to Long Island Genealogy
cemetery is located approximately 0.25 miles to the north of the intersection
of Longwood Road and Smith Road and approximately 250 feet west of Smith
Road down blue-stone driveway. (Ridge, L.I. ,N.Y.) The data was copied
by L. Phillips on 25 June 1971 and checked by E.N. Carter.
1. ROBERT MORRIS RUSSELL, son of ROBERT MORRIS & RUTH AMELIA RUSSELL, b. 3rd or 8th Jan. 1822 @ N.Y. d. 31 March 188(2?) @ Yaphank, N.Y.
RUTH AMELIA RUSSELL, Daughter of WILLIAM & HANNAH SMITH, & Relict
of ROBERT M. RUSSELL, d. 3rd June 1838 in (44th ??) year of her age.
ROBERT M. RUSSELL d. 3rd Sept.. 1832 aged 46 years . His remains were deposited in the Marble Cemetery in N.Y. City.
3. SARAH AMELIA RUSSELL, oldest daughter of ROBERT M. & RUTH A. RUSSEll b. 25 July 1815 in N.Y. d. 1 July 1935 in Kalamazoo, Mich.
4. PHEBE & BETSEY, Daughters of WILLIAM SMITH, died in infancy.
P. SMITH, wife of WILLIAM SMITH, d. 5 Oct. 1801 age 27 year.
Note: She was HANNAH PHOENIX SMITH of Smithtown.
6. APOLLOS SMITH d. 5 May 1816 in 19th year. ("and whose remains were deposited in the Vault ---__________ church on _______Street in the City of N.Y.")
7. WILLIAM SMITH, son of Judge WILLIAM SMITH of Suffolk County, d. 20 July 1803 aged 34 years 2 mo. 20 days.
8. JAMES W. SMITH, son of WILLIAM SIDNEY & ELEANOR JONES SMITH, b. 22 Aug. 1836 d. 30 Sept. 1901.
9. ELEANOR JONES SMITH,, widow of WILLIAM SIDNEY SMITH and daughter of MAJOR,WILLIAM & KEZIA YOUNGS JONES, b. 7 May 1805 at Cold Springs,L.I. d. 29 April 1884 at Longwood.
10. WILLIAM SIDNEY SMITH b. 8 July 1796 at this ancestrial spot, d. 19 Jan. 1879
11. AMELIA SMITH, Daughter of WILLIAM SIDNEY & ELEANOR JONES SMITH, b. 31 May 1832 d. 27 Jan. 1899.
12. WILLIAM SIDNEY SMITH, son of ELBERT J. & ALMA A. SMITH, d. 29 Jan. or June 1867 age 2 years 11 mo. "Death of 1st born grandchild".
13. CHARLES JEFFERY SMITH, 3rd son of WILLIAM SIDNEY & ELEANOR J. SMITH, d. 21 April 1880 in his 53rd year. Death instantaneously caused by a waterspout near Plainsburg, Merged Co., Calif., Intered in Stockton,Calif.
14. SIDNEY T. SMITH 1834-1923 Note: He was a son of WILLIAM SIDINEY & ELEANOR JONES SMITH and husband of EDITH ROBERTS SMITH.
15. WILLIAM HENRY SMITH, oldest son of WILLIAM SIDNEY & ELEANOR JONES SMITH, b. 28 Feb. 1824 d. 4 May 1890.
16. ROBERT RUSSELL SMITH, son of WILLIAM SIDNEY & ELEANOR JONES SMITH, b. 20 Dec. 182AIat Longwood d. 26 Oct. 1885 Lived nearly 56 years.
17. CORNELIA THORNE SMITH, wife of ROBERT RUSSELL SMITH-and daughter of HENRY MITCHELL & CORNELIA KELSEY THORNE, b. 19 June 1844 d. 5 June 1927.
18. WILLIAM HENRY TANGIERSMITH, son of ROBERT & CORNELIA SMITH, d. 2 April 1879 age 1 year 10 mo. 16 days. (Small thick white stone)
WILLIAM SIDNEY SMITH,M.D., son of ROBERT RUSSELL & CORNELIA THORN SMITH,
b. 21 Feb.1883 at Longwood, d. 18 April 1944.
20. HELEN TANGIER SMITH, daughter of CORNELIA THORNE & ROBERT RUSSELL SMITH, b. 22 Aug. 1880 at Longwood, d. 2 Feb. 1955 at Brooklyn, N.Y.
21. EDNA LOUISE WEIGAND SMITHY wife of ROYAL HUNT SMITH, 1882-1937
22. ELEANOR SIDNEY SMITH, daughter of Apollas & Carolin P. Smith, b. 20 July 1880 d. 4 Feb. 1900.
23. "LITTLE" HAMILTON d. 23 Aug. 1879 age 1 year 17 days. Note: Last name assumed to be SMITH.
24. APOLLOS, SMITH, youngest son of WILLIAM SIDNEY & ELEANOR JONE-13 SMITH, b. 25 March 1844 d. 2 June 1891.
25. CAROLIN RUSSELL BROWNELL, wife of APOLLOS SMITH and DAUGHTER OF ASA COOKE & CAROLIN FIELD BROWNELL, b. 31 Aug. 1850 d. 20 July 1928.
26. MIRIAM TANGIER SMITH, daughter of APOLLOS & CAROLIN R. SMITH, b. 23 July 1890 d. 30 Nov. 1951.
27. THOMAS ALLEN SMITH, son of ALMA ALLEN &- ELBERT JONES SMITH, b. 15 Sept. 1873 at Napa, Calif., d. 3 May 1957 at Berkeley, Calif..
28. ELBERT CLAYTON SMITH, husband of ELEANOR NORTHUP and son of ETHEL PAULI & THOMAS ALLEN SMITH. b. 12 Sept. 1907 d. 4 June 1967 (Family home at Longwood 1956-1967)
ETHEL PAULI SMITH, beloved wife of THOMAS ALLEN SMITH and daughter of AMY
CLAYTON & ROBERT J. PAULI, b. 'Sonoma, Calif. 12 Nov. 1884 d. Berkely,
Calif. 16 Dec. 1969.