|Long Island Records
||Long Island Reference Books on CD
1. Caroline M., daughter of
George W. and Caroline Smith, died July 1, 1810 in her 11th month.
2. Nelson L., son of George and Olive Smith, died October 2, 1824 in his 2nd year.
3. Daniel Smith, died January 3, 1803 in his 44th year.
4. Selah Smith, died January 16, 1835 in his 75th year.
5. Isadorah, daughter of Selah and Mary E. Smith, died August 9, 1853 in her 3rd year.
6. Eliphalet Smith, died August 6, 1829 in his 81st year.
7. Sarah, wife of Eliphalet Smith, died July 19, 1827 in her 69th year.
8. Mrs. Esther, wife of Captain Selah Smith, died March 18, 1823 in her 39th year.
9. Selah Smith, born April 22, 1780 - died May 31, 1854.
10. Thomas Fletcher, son of J. W. and Sarah Henderson, died December 5, 1839 in his 5th year.
11. Mr. Samuel Scudder Smith, died November 3, 1815 in his 27th year.
12. G. S. - 1776
13. 1. S. - 1779
Numbers 12 and 13 are plain native stones with carved initials and dates, done crudely. (These last two graves may be Hessian soldiers.)
Note on grave No. 3 - Daniel
Smith, son of Joseph II, was the father of Captain Jonas Smith of Stony Brook
who made a fortune in the shipping business. Daniel's wife was Hannah Satterly.
Daniel's widow married John Roseman.