|Long Island Records
||Long Island Reference Books on CD
The cemetery is located on the south side of Main St. approximately 100 yards east of the General Store and behind a high fence. The area is wooded and the stones are hard to spot.
The area is now part of the
Suffolk County Police dog training area. The stones were copied on 5 Aug.
1962 by ELBERT N. CARTER.
1. ELIZA HOMAN, wife of SAMUEL HOMAN, d. 9 Feb. 1854 age 24 years 1 mo. 6 days. f.s. E.H.
2. DANIEL HOMAN, Jr. d. 17 Jan. 1827 in 40th year. f.s D.H.
3. ENCY CORWIN, wife of JOSIAH CORWIN, d. 28 April 1824 age 31 yea f.s. E.C.
4. ENCY HOMAN, relic of DANIEL HOMAN, d. 31 Dec. 1816 age 67 years. Note: Homan notes also list-her as DELIVERANCE.
5. DANIEL HOMAN d. 17 March 1814 age 66 years.
6. DEBORAH JONES, relic of JONATHAN JONES & first the wife of JONAS BUCHINGHAM, d. 20 Aug. 1842 in 72nd year. Note: L. Phillips listed the date of death as 1812.
7. SALLY G. BUCHINGHAM, d. 31 July 1843 age 48 years 9 mo. 14 days
8. JONAS BUCHINGHAM, d. 25 Feb. 1815 in 46th year. f.s. J.E.B.
9. JAMES E. BUCHINGHAM, son of DANIEL & SARAH BUCHINGHAM, d. 16 March 1816 age 9 years 7 mo. 12 days. Note; the f.s. on #8 probably belongs to this one. I missed # 9 when I copied the stones, and copied the data from the notes of L. PHILLIPS.
This cemetery was a family
plot on the old DANIEL HOMAN farm. It was latter known as the Old Girard place
and still latter was a game preserve.